Sunday, February 20, 2011

Top 10 Creative Ads

Hey, there you are!  Good to see you.
I'm glad you stopped by, because there's something I've been meaning to show you.

I just created my Top Ten most creative Ads list.

I have chosen some that are Bold, while others are more subtle.  I have both large and small ads.  Not all are expensive to do, however, they are all CREATIVE!!

Enjoy.  


Starting us off at number 10 is this smart watch ad.  Talk about engaging advertising.  You are literally trying on their product!  Compared to the other ads on the bus, these are quite small, however, I guarantee that they will be talked about more than the others.
Pilot Watch Subway Ad


Number 9 is very clever.  The best kind of marketing is done by effectively (and creatively) using the opportunities and environment you are given.
Martial arts cracked pavement ad


8 on the list works on the same line as the last one.  Place it in the incorrect spot and it wouldn't make any sense, but correct positioning and this ad is sure to get noticed and make someones day!
Tudo Sobre Black Music Ad


Ok.  We're moving along nicely here.  Starting to warm up yet?  Well, I'm going to start throwing it at you BIG now.  Number 7 is the largest and probably most expensive ad on this list.  This one isn't only creative, but also eye-catching, and probably a pain-in-the-neck to put up and take down.
Soccer Ball through Building Ad


I like number 6 because it takes what could have been an ordinary "Quit Smoking" ad on the back of a bus, and turned it into a memorable and effective campaign by thinking creatively and using what was available to them.
Bus Exhaust No smoking ad


We have become immune to billboards, bus ads, tv commercials etc.  Because we are constantly bombarded with ads and information, we have learned to tune them out.  Advertisers now have to be much more creative in grabbing our attention, which is why I like this next one so much.  The advertisers, instead of using the Billboard as a platform to present their advertisement, decided to use the Billboard as part of the advertisement.  Fantastic!  Number 5.





















Number 4 is not a large Billboard or an intricate and expensive ad campaign.  In fact, they (yes, I am putting in 2) are just simple shopping bags that you would have your purchases put into.  They both demonstrate what they do, but in a way that is subtle and will catch you off guard.  One will likely make you say to yourself "Oh, that's clever." while the other will make you scream "HE'S GOT A GUN!!!".  Either way, gaining attention.  Just look, these 2 simple shopping bags have me talking about them!
YKM Gym Shopping Bag
Aspen Gun Shopping Bag


Alright, another 2 in for third place.  Two, because they are very similar, I figured I could bunch them together.  Wow, this top 10 list is turning into a dozen pretty quickly.  Lucky you!
These two are probably better off without any commentary.  Enjoy.
Fedex whiteout cross walk ad
MR Clean crosswalk Sidewalk Ad


#2 is not so eye catching.  In fact, it is the only one that really goes against the grain, in that it is the only stand alone "Ad".  You could put it on a billboard, in a magazine or at a bus stop.  But I did appreciate the subtlety and finesse in its execution.  It is a permanent marker, in case you can't read it.
Bic Permanent Marker Ad


You've finally made it to the coveted number 1 spot!  Ok, it's not so coveted, but here is my favourite.  Starting with a standard Billboard advertisement, then adding a little creativity, gives you this eye-catching, jaw-dropping, impressive paint ad.  It brings a basic and boring Billboard ad to life!



Well, that's all I've got for you today.  What do you think?  Do you have any you want to add?  Maybe I can make a bonus list?

I've got to go, but thanks again for stopping by.  See you later?



8 comments:

  1. My two favourits are number 1 and 4. I just love the way they place their ads. You feel like there's something for you to discover. But it's actually the same with the other 8 examples:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 2 is totally eyecatching - just in a, well, different way! :)

    I like them all.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was totally going to mention your number 1 if you didn't! I LOVE that one so I'm glad someone else caught it and appreciates it too. Another one I wanted to point out was the McDonald's Lamp Post ad (http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/2009/09/mcdonalds-free-coffee-pole/) but while I was looking for an image of it I found a bunch of their other creative ads that are pretty great too. So now another one of my favourites include the fresh salad bus shelter ad (http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2009/mcdonalds-freshness-box-salad/) and the sundial ad (http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=21278).

    For a link of the others visit http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2010/01/06/clever-and-creative-mcdonalds-advertising/

    Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow MaryJane. that really is a remarkable and creative campaign. I love it.

    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kleenex http://adsoftheworld.com/media/ambient/kleenex_soap_dispenser

    Pantene
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/ambient/pantene_antibreakage_shampoo_rapunzel


    adsoftheworld.com is a cool site for checking out creative ads if you havent seen it already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might be interested in this kind of ad! I just found it in German, but you'll get it when you see the photo.

    I love it!! I think it's a great idea!!

    Check it out:)

    http://de.engadget.com/2011/02/28/neuseeland-parkbank-druckt-werbung-in-nackte-damenoberschenkel/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, that kleenex ad you suggested is very funny.

    The last one you added as well, the one that makes an imprint on your legs is fantastic! So creative! And you know that guys will be the target market for whatever gets put there, because they will be the ones looking at the short shorts, hahaha.

    Thanks for the input, Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi and thank you for the actual blog post ive recently been searching regarding this
    particular advice on-line for sum hours these days.
    many thanks.

    My page :: treat nail infection ()

    ReplyDelete